These days, it seems like customer appreciation has taken a back seat in the midst of this hectic thing called life, and on the opposite side of the fence, loyalty is in short supply. To keep the trust and business of your clients, it’s more important than ever to show them how much they’re appreciated. Recently HenkinSchultz helped the SDSU Foundation orchestrate and produce a spectacular Donor Celebration Event. The goal was to show donors their direct impact on these kids’ lives and the ways in which they are opening doors that would have never been available if not for their financial support. The entire night was planned to celebrate their generosity, for without them the foundation would cease to exist. If you’re the SDSU Foundation and have the resources to thank your donors with a gala event, by all means, do it and call us to help you make it special. But remember that you can make a big impression on your customers in small ways. Here are a few suggestions:
- Write a personalized note: This is an easy way to say a simple thank you. Since the letter is considered dead, it makes it that much cooler when someone receives a personalized note.
- Deliver cookies or lunch: Say a client just did a bunch of business with you, send them something sweet to show your gratitude.
- Running a sale: For retail stores, offering a thank you sale can bring in more business while making your customers feel the love.
- Pay it forward: Have clients vote for a charity you can donate to. This could be a special in-store or social media event.
- A friendly smile: Some of you may be rolling your eyes, but really, a genuinely friendly person with a great attitude goes a long way.